Dr. Bonni Goldstein – The Science of Medical Cannabis
Our Premiere Livestream Educational Webinar
In our premiere livestream educational event, we were honored to host Dr. Bonni Goldstein as our keynote speaker. Since 2008, Dr. Bonni has treated over 18,000 patients with medical cannabis and her deep knowledge of the subject is shared during her extensive keynote presentation. Don’t miss the engaging Q&A session following the keynote. Thanks to everyone who attended and contributed!
- 00:00:00 – Welcoming Remarks
- 00:02:05 – CA Updates
- 00:03:19 – Dr. Bonni’s Book & Intro
- 00:04:48 – Keynote Begins
- 00:07:50 – A Brief History of Cannabis
- 00:23:04 – The Endocannabinoid System
- 00:40:48 – The Plant: Phytocannabinoids & Terpenes
- 00:51:42 – Testing, Methods of Use
- 00:57:08 – Clinical Uses In Adults & Children
- 00:58:18 – Side Effects, Drug-Drug Interactions
- 01:00:51 – Q&A Session Begins
- 01:01:33 – Patient quality of life stories
- 01:06:20 – Legal access & scheduling of cannabis
- 01:09:45 – Delta-8 THC: Efficacy for nausea and anxiety control
- 01:11:44 – Cannabinoid & Terpene Testing: Online product (CBD) testing
- 01:15:19 – Contraindications for Cannabis Use? Cardiac, Elderly, Schizophrenia
- 01:17:30 – THCA Consumption & Storage
- 01:19:12 – Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome: dabbing, THC dosing, CBD effets
- 01:22:33 – CBD’s effects on THC: Dosing ratios
- 01:25:17 – Effects of CBD/THC on Autism, OCD, ADHD––and unexpected responses
- 01:27:11 – THC topicals: psychoactive effects & workplace drug testing
- 01:29:17 – Book Raffle & Closing
Cannabis Is Medicine
Pickup your copy of Dr. Bonni’s latest book, Cannabis is Medicine, at any of these outlets:
About Dr. Bonni
Bonni Goldstein, M.D., is the owner and medical director of Canna-Centers Wellness and Education, a medical practice devoted to educating patients about the use of cannabis for serious and chronic medical conditions. She is also medical advisor to Weedmaps.com.
In 2008, Dr. Goldstein developed an interest in the science of medical cannabis after witnessing its beneficial effects in an ill friend. She has since helped thousands of adults and children with chronic and serious medical conditions achieve a better quality of life with the use of cannabis treatment.
Dr. Goldstein received her undergraduate education at Rutgers College, and earned her medical degree at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. She completed both her internship and residency, serving as chief resident, at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles.
Dr. Goldstein was a Clinical Instructor in Pediatrics at USC School of Medicine in Los Angeles, Emergency Transport Attending Physician at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, and Emergency Medicine Attending Physician in the Pediatric Emergency Department at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center.
A frequent speaker nationally and internationally, Dr. Goldstein was awarded “2017 Healthcare Professional of the Year” by Americans for Safe Access, a non-profit that promotes safe and legal access to cannabis throughout the nation. She co-authored the 2017 article “The current status of artisanal cannabis for the treatment of epilepsy in the United States,” published in a special edition of the esteemed medical journal Epilepsy and Behavior. Dr. Goldstein is on the board of the International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines.
Dr. Goldstein’s first book, Cannabis Revealed, was awarded “2017 Semifinalist Book of the Year” by the American Botanical Council. Her latest book, Cannabis is Medicine was published by Little, Brown Spark in September 2020.